If you are reading this, you problaby want to know, what is the ketogenic diet for? For starters, I can tell you any good diet is going to help with fat reduction and overall weight loss. Yes, all diets help you lose weight, so what is all the hype about with the ketogenic diet?
The ketogenic diet is definitely a remarkable one. On top of helping you lose weight, it also has other numerous health benefits. The keto diet is a low carb diet. When eating this way (low carbs, high fat) your liver produces ketones and these ketones are used for energy.
The science here is that when you eat a meal high in carbs, your body will produce insulin and glucose. When this happens, your body will use the glucose as energy because it is the easiest to be broken down as such and your body will choose the glucose instead of anything else. This means, any fats consumed will be stored, and stored fat is not what we are looking for.
When you consume a low carb meal, your body goes into a state which is called ketosis, hence where the name ketogenic comes from. This state is our bodies survival mode. In this state, our body produces ketones. How you ask? Well, ketones are produced when our body breaks down fat in the liver.
We can all agree that the breaking down of fat sounds 100 times better than when fat is stored.
Help Stabalize Blood Sugar Levels
The ketogentic diet might as well be called the diabetics diet. There have been many cases where people with diabetes, who have switched to a ketogenic diet, have been able to control their blood sugar levels and some were even able to get rid of the disease completely.
A lot of processed foods, such as, Oreos, Swedish fish, Twinkies, hot pockets, and foods that are high in starch can cause someones blood sugar levels to go sky-high. Even eating just one of these things can cause blood sugar levels to increase to high levels. So many people are suffering from this disease, and these foods are not helping.
Many diabetics think if they eat foods with low to no sugar, they will lower their blood sugar levels. Yes, this is true to some extent. Some foods contain low/no sugar, but they also include a boat load of carbs. These carbs (if enough of them) can increase sugar levels, not lower them. You can imagine how hard it can be for someone with diabetes.
How to reverse diabetes with diet? Fortunately, with the ketogenic diet, people with diabetes don’t have to suffer anymore. Following a ketogenic regimen can ultimately save someone with diabetes and restore them to that healthy person they have been dreaming about.
After eating low carbs and following this plan, their weight drops along with their blood sugar levels. All the fat suffocating their internal organs is now gone and they can finally breathe again.
More Focused And Energetic
Think of your body as a rocket ship. Now think of glucose as regular gas and fat as rocket fuel. If you were to put regular gas into the rocket, it would not make it out of the atmosphere. On the other hand, if you were to put rocket fuel into the rocket ship, it will do just what it was intended to do, fly off into space. The regular 87 is not going to cut it.
In your body, the fat is like the rocket fuel, so when you eat a low carb meal your body does not have glucose to burn, but instead it has fat. The fat is more sufficient and is a better source of energy than glucose. This is why, when on a ketogenic diet, your energy levels will spike.
Not only will you have more energy, you will also be more focused and alert. Ketones make a great source of fuel for your brain as well. With this diet, you will also have to consume fatty acids such as fish oil. This will have amazing benefits to brain function, thus making you smarter, more focused and concentrated.
Even with all these amazing benefits, if you are still trying to figure out if you should try a ketogenic diet, maybe having improved skin health will be the main factor here for you. It’s true, studies have shown that the reduction of acne correlates to eating a low carb diet that’s high in fatty acids.
The keto diet helps reduce acne in three ways:
- Minimizing insulin levels
- Soothing inflamation
- Lowering IGF-1 levels
Also, for better results, try reducing your dairy intake.
The most amazing positive benefits that a ketogenic diet has to offer is treating epilepsy in children. Just from changing a few eating habits, children with epilepsy can finally control their disease without the use of so much medicine.
This has been known to help and has been used since the 1900s. If your child is suffering from epilepsy, I would recommend giving the ketogenic diet a chance. You have nothing to lose, but a lot to gain. Your child no longer has to suffer with epilepsy.
Cholesterol And Blood Pressure
High Cholesterol and high blood pressure are two things you never want to hear the doctor say. Good thing there is a way to prevent those words from ever being spoken by your physician. Yup, you guessed right. The ketogenic diet, if followed correctly, will keep your blood pressure and cholesterol levels at a normal range.
Most people think a diet that’s high in fat will result in high cholesterol and high blood pressure. This is actually not the case, and a study done in Korea proved it. They took about 35,000 Korean adults and split them in 3 groups. The first group had the lowest amount of fat in their diets. Group 2 had an average amount of fat in their diets, and the 3rd group had the highest amount of fat ( greater than or equal to 25% of their calories were from fat.)
It turns out that the first group with the lowest amount of fat had the worst cholesterol and blood pressure levels, thus proving that a meal that has a good amount of it’s calories from fat is actually healthier for your heart than a low fat diet. Eating a meal that is low in carbs and high in fat is an excellent meal for heart health. The ketogenic diet is that meal.
How To Start A Ketogenic Diet For Weight Loss
So for all the ketogenic diet beginners, I will give you a guideline on what foods you can incorporate in your diet and what foods you must stay far away from to get any form of success.
Foods That Are Forbidden:
Foods You Can Enjoy And Eat:
- Sweetner(low carb one)
- Avocado & Berries
- High Fat Dairy
- Coconut oil
- High fat salad dressing
Supplements That Increase Performance:
How To Get The Best Results
I just gave you a lot of information so I’m going to be a good guy and give you a break down on all of this. To get the best results you need to follow the diet and you can’t cheat what so ever! I know you can do it, I have faith in you.
1. The number one most important step is to lower your carbs! I can’t stress this enough because without doing this, you are no longer following a ketogenic diet. You would be on the “john doe diet” and that is going to get you NO WHERE!
2. Decrease protein as well. This one is the tricky one. People tend to think, “but wait, protein is good to have”. Yes but too much is bad for this diet, this diets is all about reaching ketosis. It’s not a high protein diet so remember this!
3. Drink lots of water to lower your hunger cravings and reduce constipation, a common side effect to the ketogenic diet. Until your body gets used to using fat as energy, some side effects may occur and this is one of them, but drinking lots of water will end this.
4. Exercise is a must and without it, it’s going to be a lot harder to see the results you are looking for.
5. Stop going in the kitchen and snacking all the time. Brushing your teeth after meals helps me from snacking, something we should already be doing!
6. Try Intermittent fasting! If you are not a diabetic this can be easier, but for diabetics, please consult your doctor before trying this. Read my article on Intermittent fasting here to understand how it works. Just by incorporating the ketogenic diet with intermittent fasting, you may see astonishing results, and fast!
7. Eat Fat! People are afraid to eat fat because they think it will make them fat. This is definitely not the case. In this diet, healthy fats are the most important thing! It will be a woping 75% of your calorie intake. It is your energy source, remember this!
8. Include some supplements into your daily intake. KETO DRIVE BHB Salts – Exogenous Ketone Performance Complex is what I use and it works wonders! It’s not the only one out there, but it is definitely on the top of my list. Also, use fish oil. I recommend Dr. Tobias Omega 3 Fish Oil Triple Strength, with over 11,000 positive reviews, It is safe to say that this one is of good quality and ingredients, and the price is good.
Don’t Have Time To Plan Meals?
If your like me, that means your day is extremely busy. I go to work, school, and I have a website that I update frequently. Things can get a bit crazy. It is very difficult for me to find out what I can and can’t eat all the time. Planning meals started to get really frustrating and I was ready to pull my hair out!
Lucky for you, I have found a solution to that problem and I am willing to share it with all of you still reading this. There is no need for any frustration so here it is.
I found a source that completely plans all the meals for you and a bunch of other features are included. I have tried a lot of different ones out there but this is by far the easiest one to follow. It has made my life very simple and I can benefit from the ketogenic diet 100 % with minimal effort! I want the same for you.
Click Here! <<<< For a complete 30-60 day diet plan with recipes and much more!
This is what I use and it could not get any simpler than this! So if you work and are busy and don’t have the time to come up with your own dishes and meal plans, this is for you. Please check it out and let me know what you think.
COMMENT BELOW TO DISCUSS FURTHER!!!
If you end up having a hard time, I am here to help. Any questions you may have now or later down the road, please feel free to comment below, and I will get back to you within the hour. Thanks again for reading this article and hopefully I have helped and inspired some one out there.